March 24, 2010
I love fashion. I am the daughter of fashionable people - my mother and both of my grandmothers are/were very fashion conscious and dressed beautifully. So did I as long as they were picking out my clothes. I didn't run into trouble until about 17 years ago.
See, I got married. Well, let me clarify I got married, pregnant, and moved an hour away from my whole life in the span of exactly 4 months. I managed to keep up the cute that first year - I mean all I did was stay home gestate and cook dinner for my returning husband. That poor man ate "themed" suppers for almost a year! Being pregnant with our first child I was able to buy nice maternity clothes, and spend my days napping, eating, and looking cute.
Fast forward about 8 years from then. I had four children - all two years apart, and I looked like a hot mess on steroids! It is hard to create a wardrobe when your main occupation is wiping. Noses, hineys, counter tops, floors, and so many other wipe able surfaces.
Now, my children are older (not gone but older) and I find myself in an odd fashion place. I find myself thinking, "Are capri pants ever okay at 42?". "What kind of underwear does one wear when you have more stomach than you'd like but aren't ready for panties that touch your bra?".
So here I am. Going to search the internet, gather my thoughts and dump them here - after all I don't have enough brain cells left after all that nursing to remember all this stuff so it has to go somewhere LOL!