Sunday, June 13, 2010

Completing Him Challenge ~~ June 14

When we were dating - Beloved and I spent hours together. But here is the kicker - we didn't "do" much of anything. We were both working very hard, and had our own apartments to take care of, and Beloved's mother was recovering from an illness so he had to care for her as well.

Most of our dates involved taking a drive, and maybe dinner at my apartment. Since I love to cook, this was not an issue for me at all!!!! I made all his favorites, fried pork chops, macaroni and cheese, twice baked potatoes, and anything else I could think of that he would enjoy.

Now that we are headed for 18 years of marriage (YEAH!!!!!!!!!) what I can try to work back into our dates together would be more home cooking and more alone quiet time. When we date now - we usually head out to eat, and then we watch a dvd or program on television. I think for our next date night, I am going to make my Beloved a beautiful meal, and then we are going to listen to music, and have some wonderful time alone to talk :-)

Oh and BTW, I try to make Beloved's favorites all during the week. In fact, I have homemade stombolli in the oven right now :-)

~BA~

3 comments:

Homemaker Honey said...

Mmmmm...strombolli! Share recipe?

Stop by and read my dating story.

Please join me at my HELLO, HANDSOM! Blog Party June 21 - July 21

http://www.homemakerhoney.com/2010/05/hello-handsome-blog-party.html

Deborah
Homemaker Honey

Debbie T said...

Oh yes - my husband (thankfully) enjoys my cooking. Almost every time. I LOVE serving him something that makes his eyes roll into the back of his head... LOL. My hubby & I still spend much time driving together - and that's where we do some of our talking-out-problems the best.

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

18 years and strong! What a blessing you are to your husband. Your willing heart to please him is an example to us all! Keep the spark alive!
Much Love,
Courtney

Post a Comment