Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Being an Encourager

Have you ever taken a "spiritual gifts" test? Beloved and I did a while ago, and the results weren't all that surprising to me at least. I tested high in "hospitality" and "encourager".

I am an encourager - but it does not always come easily to me - there are days, months even seasons where I feel totally bereft of encouragement for myself much less anyone else. Too many problems that I cannot control the outcome for and whammo! I am sunk down into an empty time.

I have found that I need to pull back from the world in these times. I need to take a break from the news, the tv, and the "noise" that fills our busy world at all times. I have taken to staying in the house as much as I can - I know - Aren't I a stay at home wife?? Yes, but many of us will tell you that there is not as much staying at home as it would seem LOL!!!

Today is one of my "pull back in" days - staying home, cleaning, cooking, and laundering is all I want to do today. I can't wait to light my candle, put on my Pandora music, and get to work! It is amazing how full my cup can be when I give in to the pull to home.

~BA~

No comments:

Post a Comment