Today I get my hair done! I think I am the only remaining lady under 65 who lives to get her hair rolled and set LOL!!!
I have extremely naturally curly hair. Like I would have been able to rock an afro in the 1970's with no problem at all - but with all the smooth styles that are popular now - I would probably attract too much negative attention LOL!
So the only way to control my curls is to roll them onto large barrel shaped rollers and sit under a hard dryer for 1.5 hours. Yes you read that right 1.5 hours. With the heat of the sun blasting onto my head.
What is so amazing to me is that when I participate in this torture - I end up with shiny, bouncy, beautiful hair. And if I even look at a blow dryer - I look as though I have put a fork into an electrical outlet. No really, like Little Orphan Annie (look it up - I am not THAT old!).
So I grab a book or stack of magazines and join my white haired sisters at the beauty parlor. Places that roll good hair are not "salons" they are most definitely Beauty Parlors :D
Off to become bouncy! ~BA~
No comments:
Post a Comment