This Sunday is Easter. I love this holiday for so many reasons but one that is HUGE for me - I love to dress my children is matching clothes. It is a sickness I know born out of the necessity of keeping track of them when they were little. When the older Blessings were small I never took them out of the house unless they were all wearing the same color shirt. I was so worried that I would loose someone and the only way I would have a chance of remembering what the lost one was wearing was to look at a remaining Blessing.
Time passed, as it always does, and the Blessings went to private school. There they wore uniforms (LOVE THAT!) and they matched all the time. I was in OCD heaven!
But now more time has passed and we are coming to the end of being an "all together" family. My oldest Blessing will be headed for college in the Fall of 2011, and even though I do realize that we will be celebrating one more Easter with us all together - I am positive that this is the last year that we will all be matching.
They are just getting so big! Wearing adult size clothing and looking so heart-breaking grown up. This is it. One last year for the matchy matchy...
So we will have a family portrait made this year, because I need to remember that once I had little Blessings that have grown so very very BIG.
~BA~
No comments:
Post a Comment