Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dressing Well in the Heat

We have been experiencing a long unbroken heat wave where I live, and it makes dressing each day such a nuisance!

But since I doubt that the Blessings are ready for me to carry them to practice in my nightgown dress each day I must!!

My answer is a cotton or mostly cotton dress. I have a phobia about clothing sticking to me and clinging to things I am not interested in sharing with the world ~LOL~ so I have found a "style" of dress that not only is flattering for me, but doesn't cling!

One thing that my "style" of dress must have is a defined waist - otherwise I tend to look like a five foot tall rectangle and that is not nice to see. But beyond the waist I have found dresses that are shirtwaist style, cotton knit, and even one that is dressy enough for any occasion but still cool and float away from the body.

While my skirts are still a part of my summer wardrobe - I must admit that by the end of the day - the waistbands are sticking to me, and my tops look very limp and messy. But when I were my dresses, I look just as nice when Beloved gets home as when he leaves. This is especially true of a shirtwaist style - so crisp!

Enjoy the warm weather - we will be bundling up before you know it!!
~BA~

No comments:

Post a Comment