Monday, June 28, 2010

Completing Him - June 28, 2010

This weeks challenge is about praying for your Husband daily. I have the book that Courtney mentions in her post and I have used it for several years to pray for my Beloved. But until recently I had never fasted for my Beloved. A few weeks ago, my Beloved's workplace went through a dramatic turnaround and he was informed that the contract he worked on was ending. After the initial shock wore off, I began to pray in earnest. Beloved is the sole source of income for our family and I was begging God to help us find a new place for Beloved to work.

Beloved was searching, and I was helping, but I decided that instead of begging for anything - I would fast and pray for the "perfect" opportunity for Beloved. While nothing this side of Heaven is ever truly perfect - I knew that God knows every desire of our hearts and He would have the perfect opportunity.

I ended up fasting once a week during this time. Amazingly (for man not for God!) a door opened up for my Beloved in the same company that was the "perfect" opportunity for his talents and even for his desires! God heard the desires of Beloved's and my heart and He made it all right - He granted even the smallest thought to make Beloved's career more pleasant.

I cannot describe how powerful I feel that fasting and praying for our husbands and family can be - it is truly a privilege to carry my Beloved in prayer to God each day. I ask Beloved each day - What can I pray for you today? I have prayed through meetings, conference calls, and even just over his briefcase to let the power of Christ with him each day.

Pray can change things and people - but we have to do the praying even when we are tired and weary ourselves - pray!
~BA~

8 comments:

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

What a fantastic testimony of how prayer and fasting WORKS! Thank you so much for sharing -your husband is so blessed to have such a faithful wife. Keep the spark alive!
Courtney

Homemaker Honey said...

My husband and I have fasted once together. I hope that we continue to do so as a form of worship together.

Deborah
Homemaker Honey
homemakerhoney.com

Tara O said...

That's amazing!!! Praise the Lord!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! Intellectually, I know about the power of prayer. I've seen its power in my life, but sometimes I forget that it can work in my husband's life as well. I know that he needs prayer everyday, as his job is a major source of stress for him. He needs God's grace to get through. I'm excited to pray for him daily and fast for him too.

Debbie T said...

Amazing how powerful prayer & fasting can be - it's been so effective for my family and marriage - I need to recommit to fasting again!

Becky said...

What a great story about fasting! I love hearing encouraging stories about what God can do for his faithful followers!

God bless!
Becky

michelle ellis said...

What a wonderful inspiration you are! Thank you so much for sharing that!

SoVeryDomestic said...

What a great post! I've never tried thanks for posing about it. :)

Post a Comment