It is hot. So very hot. But still there is laundry to do, rooms to clean, and food to be cooked. I used to scoff at my Grandmother who would make her summer suppers early in the morning and reheat them in the evenings, but no more.
I have joined the ranks of the ladies who wear simple cotton dresses and sandals, make their suppers early to hold until supper time, and understand the joy of the crock-pot meal.
The Blessings are all home, so we go through food at a tremendous rate - y'all would be shocked but we went through five gallons of milk in three days!!! Six to eight loaves of bread in four days - it is tremendous!
But there will be a time (soon very soon) when I will miss these days of heat and hunger, happy teenagers filling my home and my heart, so I plan on savouring every moment until the Fall.
~BA~
No comments:
Post a Comment