Monday, July 12, 2010

Completing Him Challenge ~~ July 12th

This week we are talking about our husband's priorities for our time.

~Just a little background, we have had an absolutely frustrating weekend! My minivan started acting up and poor Beloved and the Blessings spent the whole of Saturday under the hood and were not able to repair it :-(. Of course, this week is our Vacation Bible School and camp for the Blessings, so we need two cars! Ugh!!~

As Beloved and I were preparing for bed the other night, I asked him what his priorities for my time are and his answer was very interesting!!!

1. Being affectionate and loving towards him. Y'all know ;-) He has also mentioned that my prayers mean the world to him.

2. Making special little things for him to look forward to eating when he gets home: a nice supper, maybe some cookies :-)

3. Taking care of the household work - mostly he just wants clean clothes and towels.

I spend a tremendous amount of time worrying that the house is not picture perfect, and how I need to spend more time cleaning. I also think that I should spend more time decorating - but that wasn't on Beloved's list at all!!!

~BA~

8 comments:

Traci Michele said...

Doesn't it take a HUGE burden off to just ask them an know. Wooooooooohoooo!

Here's mine:

http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2010/07/are-you-running-yourself-ragged-trying.html

Homemaker Honey said...

Hello! I'm participating in the Completing Him Challenge, too! May God bless your marriage as you share your list with your husband.

For His Name's Sake,
Deborah
Homemaker Honey
homemakerhoney.com

P.S.
I'm celebrating marriage with a Hello, Handsome! Blog Party stop by and enjoy the fun!

Lisa Grace said...

I'm doing the challenge, too, and am enjoying reading what others share. My minivan was totalled and so I understand the one car challenge; I've lifted you up in prayer this morning for it.

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Great job communicating with your husband!!! Keep it up!
Much Love,
Courtney

Anonymous said...

I like to have the house picture perfect also, never happens but I prefer it that way.

Rebecca.Alburn said...

So interesting how the things that matter are not always what we thing. Great post!

kewkew said...

Understanding your frustration about the vehicle situation. We have 3 vehicles in our driveway, of which only one runs. The other one didn't pass inspection. And the third one is my 18 year old son's that we gave to him, but it needs quite a bit of work to run, which stinks seeing as he will be going to college and just got a job.

Your husband must be a real blessing to you. Love your post

So Very Domestic said...

I'm really enjoying this challenge. It's funny how some of the things we think they really care about are not even on their radars!

Post a Comment