Oh my! This is our last Completing Him Challenge Post!
Courtney has asked us to talk about how this challenge has changed our marriage or even how it has changed ourselves.
This summer has not been easy or terribly fun for our whole family. I know so many others have such huge trials and problems that they are facing - I hate to even dwell on what we have been through. We have faced some nasty upsets over the summer and I doubt that Beloved or I will be sad to see this season leave. Things are fine, and we all are in good health (Thank God!) now; but there are the seasons that test our resolve.
Not the resolve to continue to be married, or continue to be a family; but simply the resolve to be happy. Happiness is a choice. We all need to take responsibility for our own choice to remain happy, faith-filled people, or to allow the Enemy of our souls to steal our joy from us and scamper away to enjoy our torment.
The marriage challenge reminded me most of all - to make that choice each day - to simply be happy regardless of my circumstances. It is a powerful decision to be a source of joy and fun in my Beloved's life, and I must not forget how much that smile on my face means to him.
Song of Solomon 6:3
3I am my lover’s and my lover is mine
~BA~
4 comments:
To be content and joyful in every situations... sigh. A life-long journey, as we are sanctified in Him.
Love,
Traci
Ah yes....the power of choosing contentment, joy and selflessness is a huge thing in marriage! Well done on making it through to the other side!
Many Blessings,
Melissa
You are right... "powerful decision to be a source of joy" - I like that a lot...
Thank you so much for your transparency. I am so glad you joined us this summer along this marriage challenge journey. It truly is a challenge - keep it up and keep walking with the King!
Much Love,
Courtney
Post a Comment