I cannot imagine that the Completing Him Challenge is drawing to a close!
Of course, this means that summer is also coming to a close, which is a whole other post for Dear Lil Blog; but on to our subject for the week - K*ss Him like You Mean it!
I am not the most opinionated woman that you could ever know but the few that I am prepared to defend are quite dear to my heart.
I will say this is the littlest voice I know - I think you should make physical intimacy one of your TOP marital priorities.
I do not say this lightly, and yes, I have children (four Blessings to be exact), and, yes, I get tired, and yes, there are times I just plan old don't want to; but truth be told I think that just being willing speaks volumes to our husbands.
*could I use any more commas?*
I understand how hard it can be to be willing when you are so very tired. I understand having babies that decide that night is day and day is night. I even understand waiting up for teenagers till the wee small hours. I am not suggesting that you are to sacrifice your well being for this cause.
Still, I am suggesting that even being willing in your Spirit, to share physical intimacy with your husband is a blessing to him and to you!
The blessing for me comes in knowing that I am meeting a deep need within my Beloved, and that I am the recipient of his love and affection!
Try it and see. If I am wrong, I am sorry, but if I am able to share this happiness with you, then I am smiling ;-)
~BA~
5 comments:
Agreed :)
One of the most important decisions I've made is to never say NO to my husband's pursuit unless I absolutely can't... He feels that and knows that - and so when I really-really can't or feel sick - it helps him to be more understanding and he doesn't mind it or feel rejected.
Great post!
You are right about being willing to be a blessing. Our attitude and overriding our own desires to please him is a huge blessing to our marriage. Thanks for sharing today.
Amen sista!!! When we say yes - we are saying yes to the blessings that God gives us through intimacy in marriage!
Thanks for joining the challenge this summer! You did great and finished strong! Way to go!
Courtney
I also enjoyed this challenge a lot. Even though the challenge is finished, I still need to keep my dh on the top of my list (after God that is) and not go back to how things were. I agree with what you wrote here and I will try and not say no unless I absolutely can't.
It is so true that when stress comes intimacy seems to become a chore or worse completely neglected,
Great post
Hugs BA
C
xo
Post a Comment