Monday, August 2, 2010

Completing Him - August 2, 2010 - Respect

Respecting our husbands is our duty as Christian wives. I know that it sounds so antiquated and traditional, but we are called to do so in 1Peter 3:1-6.

"1Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, 6like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear."

Before y'all fly off the handle and send me nasty comments, please read 1Peter 3:7

"7Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers."

Our husbands are called to love and respect us as well.

I work hard to respect not only my Beloved but my family and my friends as well.

I am going to write more later, but for now I think this is enough.
~BA~

2 comments:

Joyfull said...

Wonderful reminder from God's Word, what He expects from us. Thanks for sharing!

Sharon Cohen said...

I'm visiting from the Completing Him Challenge as well. I've been concentrating much of my effort in the past five months on the topic of "wives must respect their husbands" as directed in Ephesians 5:33b. It is the focus of my stay-at-home business and my commitment to my own marriage.

BUT - I have yet to find the courage to lead off a post with the instruction that you laid out right off the top today. Bravo! I know that I must find the courage to share that message if I want to continue to influence the restoration of traditional marriage - biblical marriage.

I have signed up to follow your blog. I hope to learn more from your example. Thank you!

Post a Comment